These 2 sided 10 Commandment game boards are very versatile for 4th through 6th grade classrooms One 2-piece side is a fill in the blank game and the other 2-piece side is a match meaning game. For the match meaning side, the 10 Commandments are separated with Love God commandments (#1-3) on 1 sheet and the Love Neighbor ones (#4-10) on the other sheet.
They can be used for a quiet table activity or as a relay race that can be used for many years. The set I made for my church, I laminated with a 0.5 mil thickness. It has been used for over 5 years with little wear and tear. The heavier laminate also allows the boards to stand up on the white board tray to make the race more fun because the on-going answers are visible for the entire team.
10 Commandment Game Boards
Side A: Fill in the Blank
Side B: Meaning Match
10 Commandment Game Pieces
Fill-In the Blank Words
Meaning Match Phrases
Prep the supplies
Make 2 or more sets if you want to play this as a fun relay game.
- Print all 4 Game Board pdf pages on either legal (8.5″ x 14″) OR ledger paper (11″ x 17″)
- Print the corresponding game pieces on either either legal (8.5″ x 14″) OR ledger paper (11″ x 17″), cut them apart, and laminate.
- Laminate the appropriate 2 sides together with the blanks sides to the inside to that your sets that look like Side A and Side B. If you use a heavy .5 mil laminate, the boards are sturdy enough to stand up on the ledge of a whiteboard.
- Attach 10 pieces of velcro to the backs of the fill-in words and 10 pieces of velcro to the blank positions on Side A (see picture).
- Store the fill-in words in one ziploc bag and the meaning match phrases in another ziploc bag.
To Play the Fill-In Blank Relay Game
- Post the 2 laminated poster game boards on the white board with the fill in side showing.
- Divide into 2 teams. Have each team line-up single file.
- Each team is given their own set of a Ziploc bag of colored words to be used for fill-in.
- At the start of go, the first person in line draws a word from the Ziploc bag,
- He or she must advance to the tablets and velcro the answer wherever he or she believes it to be the correct answer. Player returns to the start line and tags off the next player.
- Next player in line takes his or her turn by pulling a word from the bag, playing as before. In addition, if a player believes an answer placed previously is incorrect, he or she may change it.
- Play continues until all the answers are placed correctly.
- First team finished wins.
To Play the Meaning Match Game
- Divide into 2 groups.
- Give each group a set of the laminated 10 Commandment boards and a set of laminated explanation phrases.
- At the start of go, each team must try to match the phrase to the appropriate Commandment.
- First team with 100% correct answers wins.
Post Side B in your classroom as a reference for any 10 Commandment activity. They are great to have available for the 10 Commandment cup knock down game.
Be sure to check out my 10 Commandment activities and posters for 1st and 2nd graders that have grade level appropriate wording.