Christmas Pictionary is a game that can spark any faith formation class that is centered upon discussing Jesus’ birth. Minimal supplies and preparation are required especially if you have a classroom whiteboard. Use the game as a fun review of the Christmas story in Scripture.
Words for Christmas Pictionary
Before class, print off the words and cut apart. Place in an envelope.
- Three Kings
- Advent wreath
- Star of Bethlehem
- King Herod
- Straw or Hay (either one)
- Baby Jesus
- Christmas tree
- Shepherd’s staff
Directions for Christmas Pictionary Game
- Choose a student to go first and have them pick a word from the envelope.
- Instruct them to draw the word on the whiteboard following these rules:
- No writing of words, letters, or numbers.
- No verbal or physical communications.
- The person who correctly guesses first gets to be the next drawer.
Virtual Pictionary for Zoom and Other Related Activities
If you are looking to play Christmas Pictionary by zoom, see this post for procedures and tips.
A meaningful worksheet for Christmas story and how it should be thought of as related to our lives is the Christmas Scripture Analysis worksheet.