Who doesn’t love a good game of Pictionary? Playing virtual Pictionary at Easter time is a fun way to finish any zoom faith formation session. The built-in zoom whiteboard is a great way to draw. The word is shared secretly with the drawer by a chat box message that only the assigned drawer can see. All the words are from Holy Week and the story of Jesus’ Resurrection.
How to Turn On and Use Zoom Whiteboard
The player whose turn it is must turn on the whiteboard by these steps:
- Clicking on Share Screen button located on the meeting toolbar
- Then clicking on Whiteboard and then Share.
- The annotation tools should appear automatically. Feel free to allow the use the different drawing and erase tools. The size of the pencil can be changed and the eraser can be used to erase part or all of the drawing during live play.
Consider playing team against team…
Playing for fun where everyone is guessing is great but it is also easy to play team against team. Playing team against team minimizes the number of people talking and/or shouting answers. Simply follow these additional steps to be more successful if playing as teams:
- Give each team a color name like purple and orange.
- Be insistent on having each team member adding the color of their team to the front of their name. For example, if I am on the purple team, my name would be “Purple Donna”
- Be strict on participants always muting themselves when their team is not playing.
Rules are like regular Pictionary
- No writing of words, letters, or numbers.
- No verbal or physical communications.
- When your team correctly guesses your drawing, the next word will be typed into the chat box as a direct message to the next drawer.
Virtual Easter Pictionary words
This set of 32 words is a great one to pull from. Some words may be need to be eliminated for lower elementary, like
- Palm leaves
- Holy Thursday
- Last Supper
- Feet washing
- 30 pieces of silver
- Garden of Gethsemane
- Crown of thorns
- Shroud of Turin
- Clean linen